Tuesday, November 05, 2013

I flew into Tokyo International Airport then took the train to Mito, Ibaraki. I arrived Mito just after 4 PM when the sun was about to set. I walked along the shore of Lake Senbako after sunset and had my dinner at a lake side restaurant recommended by guide books.

The active Sakurajima volcano viewed from the air.

The snow covered top of Mt. Fuji above clouds.

Country scenery from the train ride to Mito.

View of the Mito Station south square from my hotel room.

Cherry trees on the embankment.

Lake Senbako at dawn.

A man feeding swans from a boat in the middle of the lake.

No-so-Japanese interiors of the restaurant offered authentic Japanese foods.

Lighting display of the water fountains was the most famous attraction of Lake Senbako.

Reflections of the water fountain lightings.

The Next Day >>