Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I visited Koyasan last summer, which was listed as part of the Japanese world heritage site “Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range”. So for this trip, I decided to visit Kumano Sanzan that is also part of the same world heritage site. Kumano Sanzan consisted of three shrines in the southern tip of the Kii peninsula. So I spent the morning fly to Japan and I spent the afternoon to get to the city of Shingu from Osaka Kansai international airport by train.

View of the Japanese country from my second lag of train journey on rapid train.

The rapid train driving over an iron bridge.

A local train with special livery celebrating the poems of the four seasons.

The limited express train slowed down when passing through this bay.

Rock formations at the shore of the southern Kii peninsula.

The train passed many fishing villages along the way.

The view of the city of Shingu from my hotel room.

The Next Day >>