Friday, November 26, 2010

The main reason I visited Nagoya was to visit the house of Satsuki and Mei in the Aichi Expo memorial park. The park was far away from all other attractions around the area so I kept the place to the last day of my visit. I had some spare time after visited the park so I went to visit Nagoya castle before heading for the airport.

The Linimo maglev people movie of Aichi prefecture.


I wasn’t so sure about the purpose of the manmade fogs in this garden of Aichi Expo memorial park.


Moon hanging behind the Moon Tower of Aichi Expo.


The mascots of Aichi and Shanghai world expo in front of the Aichi Expo memorial center.


The exhibition hall of the expo now served the citizens as a water sport center.


View of the house of Satsuki and Mei from the animation file My Neighbor Totoro from a nearby observation tower.


The family name of Satsuki and Mei was marked next to the gate of the house.


This Japanese corridor appeared many times in the film.


Books and stationary on and around father’s desk.


The tour guide actually encouraged all visitors to touch and explore everything inside and outside the house.


The hole under the house where Mei looked for the small Totoro.


I didn’t quite remember ever seeing this in the film.


The bus stop where Satsuki gave an umbrella to Totoro.


View of the Ferris wheel from inside of the Linimo train.


The message said the service of the subway was halted. I was stuck on the platform for almost an hour.


The two Tenshukaku (keeps) of Nagoya castle.


The everyday life of Edo period was displayed inside the keep.


View of the Nagoya station and surrounding from the top story of the keep.


The monitor on the uSky airport train displayed the speed of the train and the view in front of the train.


The StarCraft II logo jet happened to visit Central Japan international airport when I was at the airport.


The rice balls and instant noodles (ramens) offered by the Centrair lounge. I couldn’t make up my mind whether this was a better alternative then offering cold dishes.


View of the sunset reflected by the glasses of the terminal.


Photo Albums